Push new users
New users created through Okta will also be created in GoLinks.
Push Profile Updates
Updates made to the user’s profile through Okta will be pushed to GoLinks.
Push user deactivation
Deactivating the user through Okta will deactivate the user in GoLinks.
Note: Deactivating a user will not delete their GoLinks account. Their status will be set to inactive.
Import new users
New users created in GoLinks can be downloaded and turned into new AppUser objects.
Reactivating the user through Okta will reactivate the user in GoLinks.
Note: Reactivating a user will set their status to active in GoLinks.
Before you configure provisioning with Okta, make sure you have configured SAML 2.0 for GoLinks. Be sure you have completed the steps in this guide, Setting up SSO, before continuing. After setting this up, you will need to contact the GoLinks Support team (email@example.com) or your Customer Success Manager to request a SCIM API token.
Configure the Provisioning settings for GoLinks:
- On the GoLinks application, go to the Provisioning tab and under Settings, click on Integration. Click the Configure API Integration button.
- Check the Enable API Integration box. For the API Token, enter the SCIM API token you received from GoLinks Support.
Note: There might be a checkbox at the bottom of the integration page for importing groups (denoted by the red rectangle in the screenshot below). Okta added this as default. If the box is checked, uncheck the box as we do not support the importing of groups, only the importing of users.
- Before saving, click on Test API Credentials to verify the settings. Once a successful connection is made, click on the Save button to save the settings.
Note: If your API Credentials test fails, check that the SCIM API Token is correct. If errors persist, contact the GoLinks Support team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
After the integration is completed, click To App in the top left and check the boxes for the provisioning features (Create, Update, Deactivate) you would like to enable.
Note: Make sure that the default username used to create accounts in Okta is set to “Email”. You can update this value in the Sign On tab under the Credentials Details section.
Once all settings are saved, you can start provisioning users to GoLinks!
To provision new users or groups to GoLinks, follow these steps:
- In the GoLinks application in Okta, click on the Assignments tab.
- Click the Assign button and choose the Assign to People option to provision a single user or Assign to Groups to automatically assign GoLinks to all the users in a group.
Assign to people
- Choose the user you would like to provision and click the Assign button.
- You should see the attribute fields for the user.
- Click on Save and Go Back to see the new assigned user.
- You can also confirm the user was assigned to GoLinks by checking the Team Directory and searching for the new user.
Assign to groups
- Choose the groups you want to provision and click on Assign next to the group name.
- Click Done. You should now see the groups that were assigned to GoLinks.
Note: It might take a couple of minutes for all the users in a group to be provisioned to GoLinks.
To edit a user that is already assigned to the app, go to the Assignments tab, look for the user you want to edit and click on the pencil icon. To remove a user from the app, click on the cancel icon. You can always reassign the user to GoLinks by following the above provisioning steps.
Note: If you assigned a user via Assign to Groups, the Assignment master is set to Group, which means you can’t unassign a user in that group. That is why the cancel icon is disabled.
To remove a user that is in a group, click the edit icon for that user and set the Assignment master to Administrator.
This will change the Type from Group to Individual. Now you can unassign the user.
You can import users from GoLinks to your directory to avoid overwriting existing permissions and to keep your directory in sync.
- In the GoLinks application in Okta, click on the Import tab.
- Click on Import Now to import the users from GoLinks.
- Check the boxes for the users you want to import and click on Confirm Assignments.
Note: If the user does not exist in Okta, you will see a NEW label associated with the user. If the user exists in Okta but is not assigned to the GoLinks application, you will see an EXACT label.
- Click Confirm in the dialog box.
- Go to the Assignments tab to verify the newly imported users.
Note: If you deactivate a user on GoLinks, they will still be assigned to the application in Okta. To synchronize with Okta, you can import from GoLinks (Click on Import Now in the Import tab). The deactivated users will automatically be unassigned from the GoLinks application in Okta.
The following attributes are supported by GoLinks:
- Username: Username is set to the user’s primary email address. We recommend leaving this value as an email
- Email: User’s primary work email address
- Given Name: User’s first name
- Family Name: User’s last name
Troubleshooting and Tips
- We suggest keeping Okta as the source of truth.
- If user profile updates are not being pushed to the application after you enabled provisioning, look at this documentation for a resolution.
- You may encounter an error like this, “User 00us18edt4XKv6gXI0o3 provision to GoLinks failed due to API throttling. Rescheduling provision job”, after assigning GoLinks to a group. This error occurs because GoLinks rate limit for user provisioning has been exceeded. The users that were not provisioned will be queued to be synced to GoLinks. Eventually, all the users will be provisioned and the errors will be resolved.
If you run into any issues or have questions, contact the GoLinks Support team (email@example.com) or your Customer Success Manager.